Deputies: Charlotte woman lied to family, took their money |
Title (Max 100 Characters)
A Charlotte woman was arrested for obtaining property by false pretense.
The Iredell County Sheriff's Office received a report about Barbara Green-Knapp, 49, in late September.
Deputies spoke to the victims who said they hired Green-Knapp as an Interior Decorator in May.
The victims said they took part in several design consults with Green-Knapp, and wrote three separate checks totaling $21,215.03 for items.
Two days after the report was filed, deputies spoke with Green-Knapp and retrieved some of the furnishings the victims had paid for already. Deputies say Green-Knapp advised at that time she would obtain the remaining property in several weeks.
Investigators say they later discovered Green-Knapp had not ordered those items.
A warrant for issued and Green-Knapp was arrested November 19.
Green-Knapp wasa processed and placed in the Iredell County Detention Center under a $3,500 secured bond. She was also served with a warrant from Mecklenburg County for Felony Worthless Check, and given an $800 secured bond for that charge.
Top Lake Norman Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Deputies: Man reported stolen motorcycle, hid it in storage
- NASCAR to honor Dick Trickle after suicide in cemetery
- South Fork Volunteer Fire Department receives $60,000 NC State grant
- Drug busts net meth lab, alcohol still, deputies say
- Deputies: Mom charged after lying about kidnapping, sparking false Amber Alert
- Police looking for man who jumped counter at bank, took money from drawer
- Troopers: Former Statesville NAACP head, teacher's assistant killed in crash
- Woman arrested for using husband's info to apply for credit card, detectives say
- Police looking for two men who robbed Troutman bank
- Man faces 27 charges involving B&E's at City garage, investigators say