State park teaches "Basic Birding' class | Events
The Lake Norman State Park is teaching an introductory class on basic birding this week.
During the first portion of the class, participants can learn about the various characteristics to look for when identifying birds.
Following the lecture, students have the opportunity to apply their new skills on a short hike.
Aspiring bird watchers can catch the fun at the Lake Norman State Park, Tuesday January 22, at 2 p.m.
The cost is free and the park is open to the public.
To register for the class, call 704-528-6350.
Upcoming Events near Lake Norman
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Lincoln Co. Lieutenant named “Employee of the Year”
- Investigators find 22nd meth lab of year in Lincoln Co.
- Man shot by deputies during standoff released from hospital, taken to jail
- Charges dropped against Lincoln Co. dad in kids' deaths
- Report: Woman stole $4,000 coin collection from man "helping her out"