State park teaches "Basic Birding' class | Events
The Lake Norman State Park is teaching an introductory class on basic birding this week.
During the first portion of the class, participants can learn about the various characteristics to look for when identifying birds.
Following the lecture, students have the opportunity to apply their new skills on a short hike.
Aspiring bird watchers can catch the fun at the Lake Norman State Park, Tuesday January 22, at 2 p.m.
The cost is free and the park is open to the public.
To register for the class, call 704-528-6350.
Top Lake Norman Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Deputies: Man reported stolen motorcycle, hid it in storage
- NASCAR to honor Dick Trickle after suicide in cemetery
- South Fork Volunteer Fire Department receives $60,000 NC State grant
- Drug busts net meth lab, alcohol still, deputies say
- Deputies: Mom charged after lying about kidnapping, sparking false Amber Alert
- Woman arrested for using husband's info to apply for credit card, detectives say
- Police looking for two men who robbed Troutman bank
- Man faces 27 charges involving B&E's at City garage, investigators say
- Public invited to free afternoon of canoeing
- One in custody, police looking for second suspect in Statesville homicide