Nature preserve teaches survival class | Events
The Latta Plantation Nature Preserve is teaching a survival class this week.
Participants can learn practical skills for surviving in the wild.
Topics include basic navigation (map and compass), primitive fires and shelter building.
Aspiring survivalists can catch the fun at the Latta Plantation Nature Center, located at 6211 Sample Road in Huntersville, Saturday January 26, at 9 a.m.
The Preserve recommends bringing water and a snack. Weather-appropriate clothing is suggested, as well.
The cost is $15 and lunch is included.
To register for the class, call 704-336-7600
Top Lake Norman Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Deputies: Man reported stolen motorcycle, hid it in storage
- NASCAR to honor Dick Trickle after suicide in cemetery
- South Fork Volunteer Fire Department receives $60,000 NC State grant
- Drug busts net meth lab, alcohol still, deputies say
- Deputies: Mom charged after lying about kidnapping, sparking false Amber Alert
- Police looking for man who jumped counter at bank, took money from drawer
- Troopers: Former Statesville NAACP head, teacher's assistant killed in crash
- Woman arrested for using husband's info to apply for credit card, detectives say
- Police looking for two men who robbed Troutman bank
- Man faces 27 charges involving B&E's at City garage, investigators say