Two ejected from car, seriously hurt after crash on I-77 | News
HUNTERSVILLE, NC (WBTV)- Two people were transported to an area hospital after their car veered off the freeway and flipped several times.
The call for help came in before the sun has even come up. A vehicle was seen flipping end-over-end down the freeway.
Medics arrived along I-77 northbound just shy of the Gilead Road exit to find the mangled car near the woods around 3:30am.
The State Highway Patrol says that the passenger in the car was ejected during the crash.
EMT's rushed the injured man to the emergency room, but had to wait for a second ambulance to arrive before taking the driver to the hospital.
Troopers said the car drifted off the roadway, hit a ditch, and tumbled down the shoulder. According to officials, both the driver as well as the passenger were "highly intoxicated".
There's no word on the conditions of the two men, nor have their names been released.
It took workers about an hour to clear the crash scene.
Copyright 2012 - WBTV. All Rights Reserved.
Top Lake Norman Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police looking for man who jumped counter at bank, took money from drawer
- Troopers: Former Statesville NAACP head, teacher's assistant killed in crash
- Woman arrested for using husband's info to apply for credit card, detectives say
- Police looking for two men who robbed Troutman bank
- Man faces 27 charges involving B&E's at City garage, investigators say