Two ejected from car, seriously hurt after crash on I-77 | News
HUNTERSVILLE, NC (WBTV)- Two people were transported to an area hospital after their car veered off the freeway and flipped several times.
The call for help came in before the sun has even come up. A vehicle was seen flipping end-over-end down the freeway.
Medics arrived along I-77 northbound just shy of the Gilead Road exit to find the mangled car near the woods around 3:30am.
The State Highway Patrol says that the passenger in the car was ejected during the crash.
EMT's rushed the injured man to the emergency room, but had to wait for a second ambulance to arrive before taking the driver to the hospital.
Troopers said the car drifted off the roadway, hit a ditch, and tumbled down the shoulder. According to officials, both the driver as well as the passenger were "highly intoxicated".
There's no word on the conditions of the two men, nor have their names been released.
It took workers about an hour to clear the crash scene.
Copyright 2012 - WBTV. All Rights Reserved.
Upcoming Events near Lake Norman
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Man shot by deputies during standoff released from hospital, taken to jail
- Charges dropped against Lincoln Co. dad in kids' deaths
- Report: Woman stole $4,000 coin collection from man "helping her out"
- NCIS-Carolinas cite Sheriff's Office for support in high profile larceny investigation
- Unwanted prescription drop off this weekend