Police trying to ID men in model home burglary | News
HUNTERSVILLE, NC (WBTV)- The Huntersville Police Department is asking for the public's assistance in identifying a man caught on surveillance video during a break-in.
On Tuesday, November 27, officers were called to the David Weekly model home on Old Vermillion Drive in reference to a breaking & entering. Once on scene, they spoke with a person who told them that sometime overnight someone broke into the model home and stole several flat screen televisions, the report states.
The model home's video surveillance camera captured two people on the property entering the model home and stealing the televisions. The burglary occurred on the previous night, just before midnight, officers said.
The Huntersville Police Department is asking that citizens take note of the thief's clothing in the attached pictures, specifically, the design on the back of the suspect's coat. Anyone who knows of a person who may wear a coat with similar designs, or may be able to provide information that can help identify a suspect, is asked to contact the Huntersville Police Department.
Anyone with information concerning this crime, or anyone requesting more information, should contact Lieutenant Kevin Johnston at 704-464-5400.
Copyright 2012 WBTV. All rights reserved.
Top Lake Norman Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Deputies: Man reported stolen motorcycle, hid it in storage
- NASCAR to honor Dick Trickle after suicide in cemetery
- South Fork Volunteer Fire Department receives $60,000 NC State grant
- Drug busts net meth lab, alcohol still, deputies say
- Deputies: Mom charged after lying about kidnapping, sparking false Amber Alert
- Police looking for man who jumped counter at bank, took money from drawer
- Troopers: Former Statesville NAACP head, teacher's assistant killed in crash
- Woman arrested for using husband's info to apply for credit card, detectives say
- Police looking for two men who robbed Troutman bank
- Man faces 27 charges involving B&E's at City garage, investigators say