CMPD Investigating 2 attempted kidnappings | News
CHARLOTTE, NC (WBTV)- The Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department is investigating two alleged incidents where a male attempted to lure a 12-year-old child into his vehicle.
The incidents happened at Mayer House Court near Rozzelles Ferry Road on both Sunday, December 16, and Monday, December 17.
"With six children, and nine grandchildren, I'm very concerned. I have grand kids and something like this could happen very easily," said neighbor Tom Trott.
The man is described as a white male with spiked hair, in his 30's, and driving a red pick-up truck.
In both instances, the child fled on foot and no contact with the suspect was made.
"Unfortunately, this is the world we live in right now," said neighbor Patricia Gleason.
Monday, a geo-notification was released to the surrounding area to alert residents, and The North Division has increased patrol in the area.
If anyone sees this man or anything else suspicious, they are asked to call 911 immediately.
Copyright 2012 WBTV. All rights reserved.
Top Lake Norman Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police looking for man who jumped counter at bank, took money from drawer
- Troopers: Former Statesville NAACP head, teacher's assistant killed in crash
- Woman arrested for using husband's info to apply for credit card, detectives say
- Police looking for two men who robbed Troutman bank
- Man faces 27 charges involving B&E's at City garage, investigators say