CMPD Investigating 2 attempted kidnappings | News
CHARLOTTE, NC (WBTV)- The Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department is investigating two alleged incidents where a male attempted to lure a 12-year-old child into his vehicle.
The incidents happened at Mayer House Court near Rozzelles Ferry Road on both Sunday, December 16, and Monday, December 17.
"With six children, and nine grandchildren, I'm very concerned. I have grand kids and something like this could happen very easily," said neighbor Tom Trott.
The man is described as a white male with spiked hair, in his 30's, and driving a red pick-up truck.
In both instances, the child fled on foot and no contact with the suspect was made.
"Unfortunately, this is the world we live in right now," said neighbor Patricia Gleason.
Monday, a geo-notification was released to the surrounding area to alert residents, and The North Division has increased patrol in the area.
If anyone sees this man or anything else suspicious, they are asked to call 911 immediately.
Copyright 2012 WBTV. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near Lake Norman
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Man shot by deputies during standoff released from hospital, taken to jail
- Charges dropped against Lincoln Co. dad in kids' deaths
- Report: Woman stole $4,000 coin collection from man "helping her out"
- NCIS-Carolinas cite Sheriff's Office for support in high profile larceny investigation
- Unwanted prescription drop off this weekend