Trooper crashes cruiser while chasing 100+ mph motorcycle | News
CHARLOTTE, NC (WBTV)- A trooper with the N.C. Highway Patrol crashed his cruiser while chasing a motorcycle on Interstate 485 Wednesday morning.
The incident was reported around 8 a.m. at mile marker 18, Oakdale Road, on the I-485 inner loop, according to troopers.
The trooper was persuing a motorcycle that was traveling over 100 miles per hour. As they neared the exit, a Toyota Camry was merging into traffic, forcing the trooper to swerve into the median to avoid hitting it.
The trooper's cruiser was stopped by the wire median divider.
No injuries were reported.
Copyright 2012 WBTV. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near Lake Norman
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Man shot after firing at deputies, trying to rob store, officials say
- Report: Woman stole $4,000 coin collection from man "helping her out"
- NCIS-Carolinas cite Sheriff's Office for support in high profile larceny investigation
- Unwanted prescription drop off this weekend
- Teachers selling BBQ to show "Love for Leah"