Wastewater pipe breaks and spills into Lake Norman | News
LAKE NORMAN, NC (WBTV)- The Charlotte-Mecklenburg Utility Department notified the public of a break in a sewage pipe near Lake Norman Sunday.
The break was located at 21539 Crown Lake Drive in Cornelius this afternoon.
Crews with CMUD have stopped the leak and are currently working to repair the pipe.
They estimate that nearly 330 gallons of waste had entered Lake Norman, however they have not seen any dead fish in the area associated with this overflow.
CMUD crews maintain over 4,000 miles of wastewater pipe and ask that the public report any sewer problems in an effort to protect the environment and the public health.
Copyright WBTV 2013. All rights reserved.
Top Lake Norman Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Police looking for man who jumped counter at bank, took money from drawer
- Troopers: Former Statesville NAACP head, teacher's assistant killed in crash
- Woman arrested for using husband's info to apply for credit card, detectives say
- Police looking for two men who robbed Troutman bank
- Man faces 27 charges involving B&E's at City garage, investigators say