Wastewater pipe breaks and spills into Lake Norman | News
LAKE NORMAN, NC (WBTV)- The Charlotte-Mecklenburg Utility Department notified the public of a break in a sewage pipe near Lake Norman Sunday.
The break was located at 21539 Crown Lake Drive in Cornelius this afternoon.
Crews with CMUD have stopped the leak and are currently working to repair the pipe.
They estimate that nearly 330 gallons of waste had entered Lake Norman, however they have not seen any dead fish in the area associated with this overflow.
CMUD crews maintain over 4,000 miles of wastewater pipe and ask that the public report any sewer problems in an effort to protect the environment and the public health.
Copyright WBTV 2013. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near Lake Norman
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Man shot by deputies during standoff released from hospital, taken to jail
- Charges dropped against Lincoln Co. dad in kids' deaths
- Report: Woman stole $4,000 coin collection from man "helping her out"
- NCIS-Carolinas cite Sheriff's Office for support in high profile larceny investigation
- Unwanted prescription drop off this weekend