Winter weather in the mountains, rain for the Piedmont | News
CHARLOTTE, NC (WBTV)- A system approaching from the midwest will bring rain for most, but sleet, snow and freezing rain return to the High Country.
The precipitation will hold off until the early morning hours on Tuesday, when snow begins to fall in the North Carolina mountains. Anywhere from 1-3 inches can be expected. Sleet and freezing rain may form as well, leading to dangerous driving conditions early in the day.
Those in the Piedmont will want to keep their umbrellas handy. Rain will begin moving in right around the time you're heading out the door, and isn't expected to let up by the time you're heading home.
Rainfall totals will likely be around a quarter inch.
Wednesday's forecast is much drier as high pressure builds back into the region.
Copyright 2013 WBTV. All rights reserved.
Top Lake Norman Stories
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Deputies: Man reported stolen motorcycle, hid it in storage
- NASCAR to honor Dick Trickle after suicide in cemetery
- South Fork Volunteer Fire Department receives $60,000 NC State grant
- Drug busts net meth lab, alcohol still, deputies say
- Deputies: Mom charged after lying about kidnapping, sparking false Amber Alert
- Police looking for man who jumped counter at bank, took money from drawer
- Troopers: Former Statesville NAACP head, teacher's assistant killed in crash
- Woman arrested for using husband's info to apply for credit card, detectives say
- Police looking for two men who robbed Troutman bank
- Man faces 27 charges involving B&E's at City garage, investigators say