Winter weather in the mountains, rain for the Piedmont | News
CHARLOTTE, NC (WBTV)- A system approaching from the midwest will bring rain for most, but sleet, snow and freezing rain return to the High Country.
The precipitation will hold off until the early morning hours on Tuesday, when snow begins to fall in the North Carolina mountains. Anywhere from 1-3 inches can be expected. Sleet and freezing rain may form as well, leading to dangerous driving conditions early in the day.
Those in the Piedmont will want to keep their umbrellas handy. Rain will begin moving in right around the time you're heading out the door, and isn't expected to let up by the time you're heading home.
Rainfall totals will likely be around a quarter inch.
Wednesday's forecast is much drier as high pressure builds back into the region.
Copyright 2013 WBTV. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near Lake Norman
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Man shot by deputies during standoff released from hospital, taken to jail
- Charges dropped against Lincoln Co. dad in kids' deaths
- Report: Woman stole $4,000 coin collection from man "helping her out"
- NCIS-Carolinas cite Sheriff's Office for support in high profile larceny investigation
- Unwanted prescription drop off this weekend