Man charged in fatal, 4-vehicle crash in northwest Charlotte | News
CHARLOTTE, NC (WBTV)- A man is facing serious charges in a crash that resulted in the death of a 66-year-old man.
Police say 36-year-old Steven Ray Johnson was speeding on Brookshire Boulevard, as he approached the I-85 interchange Wednesday night. Officers say his Chevy Suburban struck the back of an GMC Jimmy SUV driven by 66-year-old Leslie Dahm.
The impact of the collision caused both vehicles to travel over the center median. Police say Dahm's vehicle overturned and came to a stop 400 feet away. Investigators say Johnson's SUV collided with a car head-on and crashed into a pickup-truck.
MEDIC says Dahm died at the scene. Johnson and the two other drivers involved in the crash were hurt.
Police say Johnson has already been charged with DWI. He is currently in the hospital. Once he gets out, officers say they will serve him with warrants for additional charges including Driving While License Revoked, Reckless Driving and Involuntary Manslaughter
Anyone who witnessed the crash is asked to call the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department's Major Crash Investigations Unit at 704-336-8862.
Copyright 2013 WBTV. All rights reserved.
Upcoming Events near Lake Norman
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Charges dropped against Lincoln Co. dad in kids' deaths
- Man shot after firing at deputies, trying to rob store, officials say
- Report: Woman stole $4,000 coin collection from man "helping her out"
- NCIS-Carolinas cite Sheriff's Office for support in high profile larceny investigation
- Unwanted prescription drop off this weekend